Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Friday Night at the Disco

Happy New Year! I have been on vacation the past two weeks so laziness has become my new hobby haha. However,  I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. And since this is a new year, I thought I would start the blog off with something fresh and a little funky!


I did this manicure quite a while ago, while my nails were still pretty long. I have filed them down a bit, so they are much shorter now. Its seems like every time I try to grow them out, one snaps off!


Anyway, I love how exciting this manicure is!  It wasn't really inspired by anything in particular, though after I finished it, it sort of reminded me of flashing lights you might see in a 70's disco club or on Broadway. I know, totally random.

To achieve the look of this manicure (the super straight lines), I used nail tape. I find the best technique to use when using nail tape is to lay the tape down, paint over it, and then remove it quickly in one smooth stroke as soon as your finished your coat. If you let it sit and dry too long, when you remove the tape, it will pick up some of the base coat underneath the tape.

The tiny hexagon sparkles were purchased at the born pretty store and were pretty easy to place, though it did take some patience. All you need is a bit of clear polish, a wooden cuticle stick (to ensure accurate placement) and some free time!

 
Like what you see? Check out my other designs on pinterest!


Essie - Butler Please
Sally Hansen - Black Out

No comments:

Post a Comment