Sunday, January 12, 2014

Daleks in Manhattan

So if you read my 50th anniversary Doctor Who post, you know that I am tad bit obsessed with the T.V. show. So looking at this mani, what does this have to do with Doctor Who?

Absolutely nothing! But I was watching the Daleks in Manhattan (S4 E3) episode at the time I did this mani, so I thought it was an appropriate title. If my memory serves correctly, this episode revealed that the Empire State building was actually commissioned by the Daleks. The episode took place in the 1920's so I guess you can say the gold hexagons were inspired by the bumps on the Daleks and the gold polish was inspired by the art deco style of the period. Other than that, this mani has absolutely nothing to do with Doctor Who haha

Anyway, this mani was pretty simple to do. The main blue/green color is from Julep and actually appears blue in the bottle, but in real life, appears how it does here, a dark turquoise green with tiny gold sparkles. The glitter hexagon pieces which I placed on my nail one by one, were purchased from the born pretty store. Finally, to get the straight lines on my middle finger I first painted by base coat, placed three pieces of nail tape on my nail, painted over the tape with Bold Gold, and then removed the tape. And voila!
This mani sort of has an art deco feel to it. What do you think?




Like what you see? check out my other designs on pinterest!


Julep -Valerie
OPI - When Monkeys Fly
Maybelline - Bold Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment