Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Sweater Mani

I'm baaaackkkkk! So I have to apologize for being a bit behind on posting but the past week has been a little crazy. Between writing final papers for school, Christmas shopping, and work, I have hardly had a chance to sit down! Luckily, I have had some time to do my nails : )

So I am pretty sure I have mentioned this before, but I am a HUGE stamping fan. Now, don't get me wrong. I love hand painted designs and have recently been practicing my own free hand art (I definitely need to work on it lol) But there is something about a perfectly crisp stamped nail design that awes me every single time.

So in honor of my love of stamping and the holiday season, today I am showing off my Christmas sweater mani!



Ta da! How's that for Christmas spirit? For the base of this mani, I used Revlon's rainforest, a beautiful dark emerald green with tiny green sparkles. Stamped over rainforest, I used a newly purchased Moyou London stamping plate with a Christmas sweater design. I recently discovered this company from some fellow bloggers and  fell in love with these plates instantly.


Moyou London has some really original designs and comes out with with new plates pretty regularly. They even have some entire image designs you can use to stamp parts of scenes on your nails.


I absolutely love this company. The plates are easy to use and even come in cute packaging. I may have purchased one or two plates... or 5...or 9, OK I purchased 9. But anyway, I think these plates are awesome and I highly recommend them. They make the individual full nail designs (like the pattern I used)  in two sizes, either regular (1.2cm X 1.5cm) or XL (2cm X 1.5cm). I have pretty long nails and a wide nail bed so I ordered the XL plates which I used for this mani.


For this design, I first did two coats of rainforest. After this dried, I stamped the sweater pattern on my pinkie, middle, pointer and thumb. For my ringer finger, while my base was still wet, I sprinkled on some white glitter to create the illusion of snow. Once my base coat dried with the glitter in it, I did one clear top coat. Over the clear topcoat I stamped a single snowflake.

So that's it for today! Just wanted to spread some Christmas cheer : ) Stay tuned for more Christmas designs!


Like this design? Check out my others on pinterest and tumblr : )


Revlon - Rainforest
White Glitter Sparkles (ring finger)
Konad White (stamping)
Moyou London Festive Collection 04 (XL 2 cm X 1.5 cm) - Sweater Pattern
Moyou London Festive Collection 02 - Snowflake Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment