Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bony Bob and Cobwebs

Happy Thursday all! Why happy Thursday you ask? Because today is Thursday and that means tomorrow is Friday. And I don't know about you, but Friday sounds pretty good to me!

Anyway, seeing as it is October 24th, I thought I could squeeze out one last Halloween mani. But I promise, this is my last one for the season. Although I particularly love Halloween nail art, I have to admit, I am getting a little bored seeing the same nail themes over and over again. I have seen so many bloody eyeballs, "bleeding" nails, monsters, and ghouls, and scary movie themed nails (in search of inspiration for my own design) that I almost didn’t do another Halloween design. I felt like they had all been done already!

But then I thought, hey, Halloween only comes once a year. I mean, when else can I draw skeletons on my nails? That being said, I came up with one last Halloween design.



It is definitely not as intricate or as complex as some of the other designs I have seen, but I think there is something really pretty in its simplicity.


(Please ignore my horrible short and stumpy thumb nail which decided to break, literally right before I did this manicure lol)

So this design was pretty easy to do. I did two coats of Sally Hansen's Black Out, and once that dried, used a Mash stamp to stamp the spider webs in various locations on my nail. The random placement of the cobwebs sort of gives you that creepy old mansion filled with spiders, dust, and cobwebs feel. For me, anyway lol


And just for fun, I thought I would show off some jewelry I recently purchased.

So what do you think? ...I would love to hear from some of my readers (if I have any haha) Are there any techniques you would like to see me try? Would you like a tutorial on something? As a nubie blogger, I would love to hear from you and get some suggestions on what you would like to see. If you like my nail art, please subscribe to my blog or like me on facebook. It just takes a quick minute and will let me know my work is appreciated!



The character on this ring, I have affectionately named Bony Bob. Is it just me, or does he bare a striking resemblance to this Jazzy skeleton from Tim Burton's movie, Corpse Bride?


http://картинки.cc/en/?p=91370

Maybe its the hat, but to me, Bony Bob definitely looks like a Jazz musician. My boyfriend is a musician (trumpet player) so maybe that's why I like this ring so much.

Totally random, I know haha. Anyway, that's it for today!
Hope you have a happy Halloween!





Sally Hansen - Black Out
Konad White
BM 13 - Spiderweb

No comments:

Post a Comment