Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Gold Flakie Mani with Gilt-y Pleasure

Hello lovies! So a little while back, I posted about purchasing a gold flakie polish called Gilt-y Pleasure, from Wing Dust Collections. Well, I am happy to announce that I finally found the perfect undies for it! And it was sitting in my collection all along. 


 
Isn't this combo gorgeous? As I mentioned before, Gilt-y Pleasure is a polish from Wing Dust Collections. Unlike typical gold flakie polishes, this polish contains both 23 karat gold leaf and silver leaf along with purple iridescent flakes and a touch of soft blue shimmer. Although at $14 it's a bit pricier than your average indie polish (typically costing between $8-$12), if you find the right undies, this polish does not disappoint.


I decided to pair Gilt-y Pleasure with ORLY Buried Alive, a rich chestnut brown filled with tiny bits of gold glitter.


The gold in Buried Alive and in Gilt-y Pleasure were a perfect match for eachother, making this a great fall mani. Plus, the tiny bits of blue/purple shimmer added a bit of fun!


Although one quick thing I do have to mention is that layering Gilt-y Pleasure over Buried Alive did have a funky effect. For some reason, the silver flakies turned yellow after being placed over the brown ORLY polish. In the photo below, you can see some of the flakies look super yellow and some look pale yellow. Well, the pale yellow where silver when I started! I have never seen this yellowing effect happen before with Gilt-y Pleasure, so it may have just been the combo with the ORLY polish that caused this. But anyway, I think it was a happy accident! The yellow flakies turned super yellow and really pop! What do you think of this look?


Like this design? Check out my others on pinterest!
ORLY - Buried Alive
Wing Dust Collections- Gilt-y Pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment