Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Black Marble Mani

So the only thing I really love more than nail polish, is discovering new nail polish blogs. I can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post, but I recently discovered a new blog called Lacquer Style. Do yourself a favor and check out this blog because she is absolutely amazing. All of her nail art is hand painted. Her floral work is crazy detailed, and in all honesty, the best I have seen.

So today's mani was inspired by this mani done by Lacquer Style.  To achieve the marble look, I first painted my nails black and once that dried, used the saran wrap method to create a gold marbling affect. Click here to learn about the saran wrap method. To make sure that I did not overload my black base with gold polish, I removed some of the gold polish on the saran wrap my blotting the saran wrap ball on a piece of paper. This removed excess polish and left just enough gold to create the soft marble affect on my nails.

But another inspiration for this mani was a polish I purchased called Guilt-y Pleasure from Wing Dust Collections. Get ready to start drooling. Unlike typical gold flakie polishes, this polish contains both 23 karat gold leaf and silver leaf along with purple iridescent flakes and a touch of soft blue shimmer. I purchased this polish several months ago and have been dying to use it, but couldn't figure out how. Then finally, I found the mani for it.
 

Because my other nails had so much going on, I thought painting over each with this polish would be overkill. Instead, I decided to only use it to accent my thumb nail. I love how this polish simultaneously stands out and blends in with the rest of my nails. There is something about the mix of silver and gold flakes that really pops for me. Quick warning though, the formula was a little thick so getting the flakies on do require a bit of maneuvering (however, this is an issue with most big glitter polishes, not just this brand in particular.) It's a bit pricey at $14, but if you like a little bling, I would definitely recommend this polish!


Like what you see? Check out my other designs on pinterest!

California Velvets - Deep Black
Maybelline - Bold Gold
Wing Dust Collection - Guilt-y Pleasure
Studs - Born Pretty Store

No comments:

Post a Comment