Friday, September 26, 2014

Ye Old Renaissance Manicure

Hello lovies! So today I have a bit of fun for you in the form of Renaissance Faire nail art! Woot! *Note: On Wednesdays, We Wear Polish does not test on animals. Hence, no dragons were harmed in the making of this nail art :) 


So for me, the New York Renaissance Faire is somewhat of a family tradition. My family and I attend every single year and basically spend the day walking around in costume, speaking in old English, purchasing handmade goods, and eating turkey legs.

But this year was particularly special for me because it was the first time I put together a real costume, busty corset, big skirts, and all! Squee! Also, it is amazingly difficult to not flash people while wearing a corset. I spent a good part of the day trying to figure out how I could breathe in without falling out of my corset. It took a lot of shallow breaths and old Merlin sorcery. Yes, Merlin was there too.

I will spare you tons of embarrassing photos, but I will tell you that I went as a very busty pirate wench. Because why be you, when you can be a pirate?

And to fit the day's theme, I did some Renaissance Faire nail art.


I was able to create this entire manicure using stamping plates from Vivid Lacquer. If you haven't tried her plates before, and you're a big stamper like I am, you really should. She has tons of unique designs and her plates are deeply etched which makes for easy transfer onto a stamper. I bought this plate specifically for it's Renaissance theme! I really love the "castle" cobble stone effect I was able to create on my pinkie and ring finger. And how awesome is the dragon on my middle finger?!


When I first told my coworker's that I was going to attend the Faire, there were quite a few snickers and laughs. Yes really, that's how I planned on spending my weekend. But honestly, with all of the costume's, mead, fried food (mac and cheese on a stick!) and amazing handcrafted goodies, I really don't see the dorkiness. I mean, really, who gives up the opportunity to dress in costume and talk in old English?


Ok, so just one cute photo...

(Why am I not wearing my Renaissance Faire nails, you ask? Because I managed to mess them up the morning of the faire! Just my luck.)
"Stop waiting for Prince Charming. Get up and find him.The poor idiot may be stuck in a tree or something." - unknown

California Velvets - Deep Black
California Velets - Winter White
China Glaze - Salsa (red)
Mundo de Unas - 32
Mundo de Unas - 33
Konad Black
Studs - Born Pretty Store
Matte Top Coat - Born Pretty Store
Vivid Lacquer - knight, dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment