Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hand Painted Floral Mani

Just a quick post for you guys today. It's my birthday (Woooooo!) and the festivities are beginning soon. But before I go, I thought I would show off this mani I did a few weeks ago.

Now if you have been following my blog up to this point, you know there are several things I am good at/enjoy doing. I LOVE stamping, I'm pretty good at gradients and I feel like I can brag about my water marbling. But alas, even Superman has his kryptonite.

Free hand painting. Although I love hand painted nail art, I find that sometimes it can be difficult to do.  It requires specific brushes, extreme precision for detailing, and a lot of patience. And lets not forget creativity!

So yes, it is my weakness. But as you can see here, here, and here, I have been practicing. And here is my latest free hand effort.


I was actually quite pleased with how this one came out which definitely inspired me to try some more freehand techniques. Practice makes perfect, right?

For some awesome hand painted nail art, check out Chalkboard Nails and Lacquer Style!



Like this design? Check out my others on pinterest!

KB Shimmer - A Touch of Glass (nail base color)
Zoya - Alegra (ring finger)
KB Shimmer - Life Rose On (flower base)
Zoya - Brigitte (flower detailing)
Milani - White On the Spot (flower detailing)
Color Club - Wild Cactus (leaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment