Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Magenta and Blue Holo Gradient

So in a previous post, I mentioned that I had just discovered the sparkly wonder of holographic polishes. Well ladies and gentleman, my obsession is not over yet.

Recently, I had the luck of finding a nail polish warehouse/wholesaler in Brooklyn. Because she was going out of business, she decided to begin selling some of her inventory to the general public (normally wholesalers only sell to Salons or other stores). I picked up tons of decals, 3D nail art, and of course, polish. But probably my best purchase from the trip was a set of holographic polishes from Nabi, two of which you see in the gradient below.


Now in all honesty, I had never heard of the company, Nabi, before. But the polishes were only $2 each and they had so many sparkles. I am a sucker for anything sparkly. I have about the same attention span as my cat. But moving on....The formula was great and had some lasting power. I had complete opaque coverage in two coats and the dry time was pretty fast.

These photos were taken outdoors in the shade.


In the shade, these are very pretty polishes. You get nice rich colors and quite a bit of sparkle.


But then you add sunlight and BAM! All the sparkles. (taken outdoors in full sunlight)



And here is a close up taken in full sun. 


So I am totally happy with this purchase and definitely recommend these holos. Although some other brands such as KB Shimmer and ILNP have a bit stronger rainbow effect, this brand's effect is pretty cool. After doing some research it looks like Nabi isn't really sold in store, but you can pick up some Nabi polish sets on Ebay or Amazon. Happy polish hunting!




Like what you see? Check out my other  designs on pinterest!

Nabi - Fuscia
Nabi - Ocean Blue
Bow Charm - wholesale supplier

No comments:

Post a Comment