Thursday, February 20, 2014

Something Old, Something Blue - Chandelier Design Mani

Afternoon ladies and gents! So today's mani wasn't inspired by anything in particular, but in trying to come up with a title for this post, for some reason I was reminded of the wedding quote, "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue". Well, this mani has a vintage feel to it and it is blue...2/4 ain't bad right?


I really love how this mani came out and I have to admit, it was pretty easy to do! First I started with my base, a gorgeous bright teal blue called Turned up Turquoise, from China Glaze. Once my base was dry, I used the saran wrap method to add Maybelline's Mystic Green. Mystic Green is a metallic olive green with a lovely shimmer to it, as you can see in the bottle. However, when it's stamped, it has more of a gold look to it, especially against the bright blue background. When Mystic Green dried, I stamped on the chandelier design and finally, finished this mani with a matte top coat from the born pretty store.
Also I'm a little bit obsessed with my new matte top coat, so you'll definitely be seeing more of this topcoat soon. What's your opinion on matte versus shiny?


So I am normally not a fan of taking pictures with flash, but I really wanted you to get a sense of how the green/gold polish interacted with the blue. I love the tarnished look Mystic Green added to this mani. What do you think?


Like this design? Check out my other's on pinterest!

China Glaze - Turned up Turquoise
Maybelline  - Mystic Green (gold green metalic)
Born Pretty - Super Matte
Konad Black
Moyou London Pro Plate Collection 07 (XL) - Chandelier

No comments:

Post a Comment