Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blue Skies Smilin' at Me...

Hi all! Not going to lie, as you can probably tell from my title, I'm in a pretty good mood (despite the 20 + hours of homework I have waiting for me after this post). Why, you ask? No reason in particular, maybe it's just the little things. For example, I found a $20 bill in the street the other day, I had some friends over for dinner a few nights ago, and just received some new nail polish from Julep (which all you lovies will get to see in a future post!). What's also kind of funny is that despite all my complaining, I find myself actually enjoying the structure that comes with the beginning of the school year.

Anyway, to the nail polish!



I absolutely love love love this color and would probably have named it blue skies. Today I have for you a polish called Bess, from a company called Julep. I love Julep polishes because they are all super unique and I always feel like I can't find polishes to match their colors in stores. Their polishes are also long wearing. My only complaint would be that a normal bottle of polish is about 0.5oz and a bottle of Julep polish is definitely smaller. So even though I love my bottle of Bess, I will probably only be able to use it a few times before the polishes thickens or I run out.



But back to Bess. This color is a GORGEOUS light blue creme reminiscent of a nice clear sky, on a cloudless sunny day. To achieve the depth of color in these photos, I used three coats. I probably could have done with just two coats, but I found the two coats were a tiny bit streaky so I decided to do 3. Then, to jazz it up a little I added Platinum Record from Color Club to my ring finger and thumb. Platinum Record is probably the shiniest sparkle glitter polish I have ever seen. It's composed of small and large silver hexagons in a clear base. When this polish hits the sunlight, it literally looks like sparkling diamonds. Finally, I used a Mash stamping plate to do some partial designs on my pinkie and pointer finger and....voila!



(BTW I had to take some of these photos with flash because I couldn't get the lighting right. I would say that in real life, Bess actually looks like the photos taken in natural light, like the one below)

 

Konad Black 
Julep – Bess
Color Club – Platinum Record
Mash 43 - Flower Pattern


2 comments: