Sunday, June 8, 2014

Antique Rug Design

Happy Sunday all! So today I am playing the "let's clean out my old drafts" game. I did this mani a while back, but for some reason, hadn't posted it until now. I think when I did this mani, I had just received a Zoya polish order, and wanted to experiment with my new colors. 

So for my base I used Zoya Bevin and added Essie Penny Talk with a make up sponge, giving this design a sort of "antiqued" or "aged" feel. In thinking about it, Bevin is actually a hard color to describe. On the Zoya website, Bevin is described as a medium sage green cream. However, in certain light (and in pictures I have googled) Zoya Bevin can come across as having more of a blue tint than green. I think Zoya Bevin is really more of a soft teal creme. But that's just me. 

I finished this mani with my Seche Vite Dry Fast topcoat, as I always do. But the finish just wasn't doing it for me, so I decided to mattify it (see pictures below). 



So what do you think, glossy or matte topcoat?



Like what you see? Check out my other designs on pinterest!

Zoya - Bevin
Essie - Penny Talk
Born Pretty Store -  Super Matte
Konad Black



No comments:

Post a Comment