Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Yellow Horror

So a few posts back I mentioned that I had done a nail fail and I was debating about whether or not I would post it. Well, here you go. The Yellow Horror. (Yes Whovians, a reference to the Crimson Horror, an episode of Doctor Who).


So it's definitely not my favorite mani, but I've decided to post it to show that even the "experts" have bad days. Really bad days, in this case. I am not quite sure what I don't like about it. Maybe if I hadn't added the studs, it wouldn't look so bad? It kind of reminds me of a 5 year old's birthday, complete with party hats and Bozo the clown.

Anyway this mani was originally done to showcase a gorgeous Milani polish I recently purchased, called Sugar High.

Stunning, isn't it? It is a lovely glitter topcoat immersed in a clear base. I can't even tell you how may colors are in here. Peach, navy blue, pale yellow, light blue, light pink, and orange matte glitters to name a few. And in trying to find a polish to show off this topcoat, for some reason, I picked yellow. As I mentioned in my previous post, it sort of feels like I had a one night stand with this manicure. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But the next morning,  I asked myself, "what were you thinking?"

Win some, lose some, right? What color would you have used to highlight Sugar High? 


Julep - Catrina 
Milani  - Sugar High
Studs - Born Pretty Store


2 comments:

  1. I know how it is when you have an idea in your head and it executes as planned but the finished mani just seems off. I think this is so fun and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to everyone I guess. Thanks though! :)

    ReplyDelete