Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dandelion Watercolor

Hi everyone! Just a quickie post today to share some fun summery nails I did recently! For this design, I started out with a white base, and using the gradient technique,  lightly sponged on some bright summery colors.


I don't know about you, but normally whenever I plan out a manicure, it never turns out quite how I expect it to. When I originally planned out this dandelion watercolor, I first tried stamping the images in white, as you can see if you look closely at my pointer finger and pinky. I thought the white against the soft colors would give the design a hazy, dreamy, look.


However, the white didn't show up as vibrant as I hoped it would so I tried stamping over the white with black...and to my surprise, I loved it! The white stamping underneath adds a little something extra to this mani. It's almost as if you can see the summer wind blowing through the dandelion. 


Is anyone else as excited about the upcoming summer weather as I am? Ugh, I just want to break out my crop tops! Til next time,

XOXO, On Wednesdays, We Wear Polish

"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability" - Sam Keen


KB Shimmer - Let's Not Coral
KB Shimmer - A Touch of Glass
Milani - White on the Spot
China Glaze - Sunshine Pop
Sally Hansen - Sun Kissed
Born Pretty Matte Top Coat
Moyou London Pro Collection 06 (XL) - Dandelion
Konad White
Konad Black

No comments:

Post a Comment