Tuesday, December 23, 2014

An Unconventional Christmas Mani


Hi everyone! Can you believe there are only a few more days left of the holiday season? I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to having Christmas dinner, having hot coca with too many marshmallows (but really, can you have too many?), fighting with my sister as she hogs the whipped cream and, watching Home Alone for the millionth time in my life. What are some of your holiday traditions?

Well, since there are only a few more days left before Christmas, I thought I would do one last holiday mani before the end of the season.


Originally, when I thought up this design, I had planned on doing something a bit more traditionally festive. I have seen so many colorful holiday mani’s featuring hand painted snow scenes with reindeer and snowmen, that I thought I would try something free handed. So how did I end up with this design, you ask? Good question. To pull this look together, I attempted to paint a red and gold intricate poinsettia plant on my pointer finger…


…and failed miserably lol. After three attempts and a few laughs from my boyfriend, I decided on using a decorative bow for my pointer finger instead (because when all else fails, slap on something shiny).


I know everyone has their own challenges when it comes to doing their nails, whether it be clean up, stamping, etc. For me, it’s definitely free handing my nail art. As much as I love the look of free handed designs, it always feels like a constant battle. Does anyone else feel this way? What’s your biggest nail art related challenge?

And don’t forget, there are just a few more days left to enter my Happy Holiday’s Giveaway!

I am giving out some fun flakie polishes from I Love Nail Polish and Polish Me Silly. Check out the previous post to enter, and for more details. 

 
Like what you see? Check out my other designs on pinterest!

Milani -Black Swift
China Glaze - Salsa
Avon Brushed Metals - Brushed Gold
Moyou London Festive Collection 04 (XL) - reindeer
Moyou London Pro Collection 01 (XL) - small dots






2 comments:

  1. Freehanding is definitely my biggest challenge as well. Maybe I can overcome it more in the New Year! I tried freehanding some leaves and holly and it just didn't work out lol. I love this look! It's all so different yet ties together. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! One of my favorite traditions is an ornament exchange with my brother and I. My mom started it years ago so that when me and my brother moved out and started our own families we would have ornaments for our new tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! More free handing is also my New Years Resolution! And I love your tradition! All of my traditions mostly include fighting over desserts or gift wrapping paper fights! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete